Sunday, September 6, 2009




tomatoes...... they are definitely my spirit fruit..... my power "vegetable".... i'm pretty sure i couldn't live without them...
















some photos of a few of the many tomatoes harvested from the garden i helped plant at my friend erin's house....

we've enjoyed immense amounts of zucchini.... we have to eat it everyday..... cantaloupe, yellow squash, tomatillos, and eggplant.....

for our first real attempt, we're very proud and know that it can only get better every year.... everything sort of got a little cross-pollinated or something..... the colors got all mixed up..... a bit cramped, but we had no idea the plants would get so huge!

someday i hope to have a place for a garden at my house.... i think we would have to move.... where though?

6 comments:

  1. These photos make my mouth water!!! Yummmmm!
    Good job with the blog.... keep going! People will read it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your yummy pictures. Isn't it wonderful to reap what you sow. Keep on sharing sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tee hee. leah posted on matt's account and then deleted it and now it looks like he's just a jerk that removes comments. pffff

    ReplyDelete
  5. "move....where though?" That's way easy...I vote Brookings Oregon, duh. There is plenty of garden area here and it's perfect weather for it. We had strawberries come up in our garden that I didn't even plant and I only watered them once and they still did very well. ...Wait, that's a lie. Mom watered them once. Heeheee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tomatoes.... the Grandaddy fruit. Or vegetable, controversial I guess. But he loved them. Every way. Best of all (me and Grandmommy and Howard too) was the summer staple, red ripe, homegrown tomatoes on white Wonder Bread (with tons of mayonaise, of course) and if they had been allowed to 'season' a bit (sit so the juices sort of soaked the bread a little, not a lot) they were all the better!

    To Leah: I also weeded them!

    ReplyDelete